1. In these conditions “we”, “us” and
“our” refer to HME Technology Limited (Company Registration Number
2280896. You can send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. “You” and “your” refer to the customer who places an order with us.
2. We reserve the right not to accept any order. Once your order is accepted by us, a contract will come into force, on the terms and conditions set out here.
3. We will try to deliver your goods as soon as practicable. You should tell us as soon as possible if you do not receive your goods within one week of placing your order or within one week of any estimated delivery date that we give you. Please note that any dates quoted by us for delivery are estimates only. If we are unable to deliver your goods within 30 days of your order, you may cancel your order and get a full refund for those goods.
4. When you receive the goods, you should check them as soon as possible, and let us know within 10 days of receipt if there are any problems. Please retain all packaging until you are satisfied with the goods. You will be responsible for any loss or damage to the goods which occurs after they have been delivered to you. Nothing in this clause shall prejudice the rights of the customer under this agreement.
5. We will require payment of the price for the goods in full before we despatch them unless we agree otherwise in writing with you. However, if you have an account with us, we may, at our discretion, allow you to make payment in full within 30 days of our invoice.
6. Details of our delivery charges and methods of payment for the goods are shown in the relevant sections of our sales documentation.
7. Any payments that are overdue will bear interest at the rate of 2% per annum above base rate of from the date that payment was due until the date of actual payment.
8. All the goods that we supply will remain our property until you have paid for them in full, including all delivery charges. If you sell the goods you agree to hold the sale proceeds upon trust for us until you have paid us for them in full.
9. Every effort is made to ensure that our prices and descriptions are accurate at the time of going to press. If an error is found or if manufacturers’ prices or products change, we will inform you as soon as possible and offer you the option of cancelling your order or reconfirming your order with the revised price or product. We are under no obligation to provide goods to you at an incorrect (lower) price if the pricing error is obvious and could reasonably have been recognised by you as a pricing error. Where indicated VAT is quoted at 20% and may be subject to change without notice in line with government legislation.
10. The information and advice contained in our sales documentation is for general guidance purposes only. You are responsible for determining whether it applies to your particular situation. In particular, please read all manuals and safety instructions provided with our goods, and follow them carefully at all times.
11. You can cancel your order for any reason and get a full refund at any time before you receive the goods, or the end of 7 working days after the day you receive the goods. A working day is any day other than weekends and public holidays. To cancel your order you should write to us within that time to the address in clause 1 of these conditions.
If you have already received the goods:
a. you can only exercise this right to cancel your order if the goods are still in a re-saleable condition and you have retained the packaging;
b. you must return the goods to us at your own cost to the address in clause 1 of these conditions (unless we are at fault, in which case we will arrange collection);
c. you must take care to ensure the goods are not damaged in the meantime;
d. if you do not return the goods as required, we may charge you the costs of recovering them ourselves.
12. This right to cancel your order does not apply to audio or video recordings or computer software which has been unsealed or goods which have been made to your specifications or are clearly personalised or are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly or which by their very nature cannot be returned.
13. You may return goods for a credit or to exchange strictly in accordance with our published Returns Policy. In the event of a conflict between these terms and conditions and the Returns Policy, these terms and conditions shall prevail.
14. We will not be liable for any delay in delivering the goods which is due to events or circumstances beyond our reasonable control or for any business losses.
15. Nothing in these conditions will limit our liability in cases of fraudulent misrepresentation, negligence causing personal injury or death or defective products causing personal injury, death or damage to non-business property.
16. If we fail to enforce any of these conditions, that does not mean that we have waived any of our rights and we retain the right to enforce any of these conditions at any time.
17. This particular clause only applies if you are buying goods from us for the purposes of your trade, business or profession and you are not classified as a consumer under UK consumer protection legislation. If you are such a business customer, clause 11 of these conditions will not apply, we will not be liable for any consequential loss and subject to clause 15 our maximum liability shall be limited to the price of the goods
18. Nothing in these conditions affects your statutory rights as a consumer. You may obtain information about your statutory rights from your local Trading Standards Department or Citizens Advice Bureau.
19. In the event that you are a consumer outside the United Kingdom, clause 6 shall not apply in any event and you will be supplied with separate terms relating to export sales.
20. English law shall apply to these conditions.
Data Protection Act
We will validate name, address and other personal information supplied by you during the order process against appropriate third party databases. By accepting these terms and conditions you consent to such checks being made. In performing these checks personal information provided by you may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency which may keep a record of that information. You can rest assured that this is done only to confirm your identity, that a credit check is not performed and that your credit rating will be unaffected. All information provided by you will be treated securely and strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.